Saturday, April 12, 2008

lunch/dinner

We had an early dinner, late lunch again today, and Rowan was not too interested in eating...blame the cold or teething, take your pick!
On a day like today, rainy and icky, a good cure...homemade potato soup!!! YIPPEE!!! Sounded like a good plan, so I peeled some potatoes and got it started while Rowan was taking his long nap. I realized, once I got it started, that I was out of skim milk and butter!!! So, I did the next best thing and used Rowan's whole milk and my non-butter, good-for-your-heart "butter"...which didn't really work. The oils from it just sat on top, and then of course I felt guilty for using whole milk instead of skim and didn't really want to eat it.
Being as Rowan is at his independent, I can feed myself stage, soup really isn't a good option. Sooo, Rowan ended up eating potatoes out of the soup, peas and carrots, and some cheese...I really need to do some better planning. Notice: no meat was consumed for this meal either...so far, my mission is failing!

No comments:

Print Smartsource coupons

In attempt to cut our spending, we have switched to generics on some common household purchases. Which of the following, if any, have you switched from name brand to generic?