Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday, April 30th






Oh boy, another busy day!!! I love busy though, do not be fooled! Again, we were up early today and headed for Springfield. My aunts had a Red Hat luncheon, and I tagged along with Rowan!!! HEHE Talk about feeling YOUNG again! Okay, kidding...calm down Red Hatters! Well, anyway, we had lunch at The Crown Plaza, and it was delicious! Rowan got worn out mid way, so it was a little rough, but overall he was very well-behaved! I didn't really get to sit down and eat because I was chasing Rowan around the hotel, and it is a big hotel!

I saw my advisor from UIS, Cindy. She is such a sweetie. I told her that I was thinking about going back for my master's, and she told me to give her a call. Apparently, I can earn my master's degree without ever stepping foot in a classroom! I am just not sure we can afford any more school loan debt at this point...and without me working??? I just don't know! Also, I am not sure if I want to get it in education or English, and I have even thought about counseling! I just don't know, so I will be giving this some thought.

We did a little bit of running around town, and I went after a few deals in Springfield. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here today, so Rowan and I did a little playing outside when we got back home, which was around 4ish?

Okay, ALSO, I counter-offered on the house today. I only raised my offer by $2,000.00, so I don't think they will take it...PRAYERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The highlight: I got to talk to Jamie today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called this morning while I was getting ready, right when Rowan woke up...he has terrible timing, bless his heart! LOL It was brief, but hearing his voice is always nice. For the first time, including his last trip to Iraq, I heard fear in his voice. I don't ever let on that I am scared too; I just try to hold strong for him. Please pray for his safety!!! I need him to come home to us, and it is a real concern...okay, enough mushy mushy...sorry! Here are some pics from today, and one from last night in his new jams!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, once again you amaze me. I can't believe how strong of a person you are, and just an all around amazing wife, mother, and person you are. I never imagined you would be the way you are now compared to the person you were when we first met. I'm not saying you were a bad person you have just changed and grown so much. I am so proud of you. I honestly don't know what I would do with out you. I know i say that alot but I sincerely mean that. Ok, now lets talk about that outfit you have Rowan wearing, lets just say its friggin awesome. He is such a little stud. OH and did I mention a pimp. Watch out ladies he's growing up fast. Keep me informed how the house thing is going. Well I must finish reading you blogs and watch this video of Rowan talking to me the only way he know how (on the phone.) I love and miss you tons. Tell the boys that I love and miss them too.

A said...

Aww! Honey, you are so sweet. I love and miss you so much too, and so do the boys. We can't wait to hug and kiss you in August...counting down! Be safe over there! MUAH XOXOX

Print Smartsource coupons

In attempt to cut our spending, we have switched to generics on some common household purchases. Which of the following, if any, have you switched from name brand to generic?