Monday, June 16, 2008

Nice day!

Today was really nice. We had a few things to do, starting this morning. I took Rowan to our new house to see what he thought, and he must have felt right at home! I took him in his new room, though it is still occupied by a 13 month old little girl, and he just wanted to lie on the floor with the dog and take everything off of her shelves! LOL He ran around a lot! I had some contractors in there to do some measurements, order a new back door and check the inspector's to-do list. It all looks good, and they gave me some pointers and advice on the kitchen floor (it needs leveled). I may have them do it, and I may wait until Jamie gets home...depends on how much they want to charge me! LOL
I had errands to run afterwords, but Rowan had other plans. He wanted a NAP! So, we came home and he got a snooze. He didn't sleep too awfully long, but I did have a bit to get myself together, get some thoughts down on paper, and make a shopping list. Yep, my LIST! LOL
So, when he woke up we played for a bit, and then I got him ready to go shopping. I had to hit the grocery store for a few staple items: milk, bread, juice, eggs, pickles, cereal...ya know, the likes! LOL Moms, you get me, right? Since Ro is such a big boy now, I am attempting to not carry him so much. I let him walk from the car to the grocery store, holding my hand of course, and he did REALLY well; I was pleasantly surprised! I wiped down one of the car carts with sanitary wipes (hey those things are COVERED with nasty germs!!!), and Ro rode in the "car cart"!!! He loved it, and was such a pleasant little man! He waved at everyone that went by us and squealed in absolute delight! It was really cute.
Home Depot just happens to be right next door to the grocery store, so I decided to stop in and look at a few things. I picked out some paint for Ro's room, Kyle's room, the master bedroom, bath and kitchen! I love bold colors, I can't help myself. Also, I looked at ceiling fans and a light for the hallway. I was really enjoying myself, but Rowan started to get really cranky!!! :-( Upon leaving, I decided I needed a caffeine kick. SOOO, I got an iced mocha, that's right!
Rowan has been up a bit past bedtime, but that's okay. We have been watching "Jon and Kate plus 8", yeah Ro LOVES that show! And God bless Jon and Kate...how do they do it??? Troopers, I tell ya!
So yes, Ro is in bed, and I am headed that way!

Loves and smiles

No comments:

Print Smartsource coupons

In attempt to cut our spending, we have switched to generics on some common household purchases. Which of the following, if any, have you switched from name brand to generic?