Friday, June 20, 2008

Sad night

Last night I went to the second class and learned all about first aid. It covered a LOT of different situations, so it was very informative!!! I feel very enlightened.
When I got home, I saw that I had missed a call from my cousin, Catie. I called her back, and expected to hear some kind of update on our Uncle Ron. He was hospitalized the other day; he's been fighting cancer and putting up one heck of a fight. Catie informed me that he had passed away, and I really was shocked. I did not expect to hear that news. I guess the first thought that went through my head was just empathy for his family. His wife, our Aunt Toshiko, has been right there by his side, supporting him every step of the way. I can't image the loss for her. They have two grown children, Emi and Ryan, and Emi has two small children, Keiko and Curtis. My heart aches for all of them.
The second thought was a little difficult to handle. Uncle Ron is the first aunt/uncle on either side of my family that has passed away. It is hard, I won't even lie. To think that they are my parents generation, that hurts!!! I am just praying for all of the loved ones he leaves behind. Last night I made several phone calls to family, and although I tried not to, I couldn't help but cry. I don't know what the funeral and burial plans are at this point.......

Anyway, it is Friday, and I will write more later.

No comments:

Print Smartsource coupons

In attempt to cut our spending, we have switched to generics on some common household purchases. Which of the following, if any, have you switched from name brand to generic?