Thursday, August 6, 2009

WHEELING AND DEALING!

Today was a good day of couponing and saving! My friend, Melissa, and I decided to hit Walgreen's today...with three kids nonetheless! Couponing with kids is quite the challenge, but we managed to rake up quite a few deals! Melissa was finding all kinds of "last chance" items that were marked down to ridiculously low prices! I'll admit, I am not one to go into Walgreen's and take my time looking at clearance items. I usually walk in there with my list, get what I need, and leave. I'm glad Melissa taught me this great lesson!
She found some amazing deals on toothbrushes and oral hygeine items! They had Oral B Cross Action Power toothbrushes for $1.89!!! WHOOPY! Also, we found Dr. Fresh Turbo Power toothbrushes, WITH a Duracell AA Battery included for merely 25 cents! WHAT!!! Unfortunately, there were few of them left, but we bought the remainders! Also, my favorite steal, was an awesome calculator for just 89 cents! This is no ordinary calculator, it is high tech baby!!! It is a travel size, with a case, it has a calendar, alarm clock...I'm not even sure what else it does, but I was happy to find a pretty little gadget to throw in my coupon binder! Oh yes!
We also found a great deal on Huggies wipes. Only FOUR CENTS for 64 ct. I was loving it!!!

So, when we left, I decided to hit a couple more stores to see if they had any of the deals. I had luck at one here in town, but the one right down the street was not participating in the calculator or toothbrush bargains. Their loss!!! I was ready to buy.

All in all, I had some great savings today...and I got to spend time with two great friends, Melissa and Autumn! Who could ask for more than that?

No comments:

Print Smartsource coupons

In attempt to cut our spending, we have switched to generics on some common household purchases. Which of the following, if any, have you switched from name brand to generic?