Friday, April 11, 2008

MY RUNNING LIST OF ITEMS FOR CARE PACKAGES

By no means is this a complete list of items needed by our men and women overseas, but this is what I have come up with so far. I know that there are MANY that I am forgetting, so if you have any ideas, PLEASE send them on to me!!! :-) Any soldier would love to receive a package, so please feel free to use this for ideas for ANY soldier, not just Jamie. I am including certain snacks, etc., that I know Jamie would like/use.

Phone cards
Gatorade and other drink mixes
white socks
razors (Jamie uses Mach 3)
magazines, books
toothpaste/toothbrush
deodorant
shaving cream
hand sanitizer
mints/gum
room deodorizer
shower gel
playing cards
energy bars
dental floss
handheld games
foot powder/creams/ointments
mouth wash
crossword books/game books
pens and pencils
paper
envelopes (a good idea to self-address a couple!!!)
stamps
blank cards (for them to use to mail home)
pictures/posters, reminders of home, family and friends
packs of powder laundry detergent
dryer sheets
baby powder
sanitary wipes
calendar
sunscreen
lotion
aloe
sm. packs of Kleenex
disposable cameras
Tylenol/asperin
any travel size toiletries
tea bags
sugar packets
Snacks: jelly bellies, nuts, jerky, hard candy, dried fruit, pringles (won't break!!!), Ritz crackers, spray cheese, corn on the cob popcorn, snack cakes, freezer pops (unfrozen!), granola bars, non-perishable items.

Also, some other ideas, but I need to check with Jamie on this...I know that there will be places for him to get a bite to eat. I know that last time there was a Subway and a BK, so we just have to see what is available...but anyway, gift cards for any of these places would be much appreciated!
Phone cards are always great, but I was also thinking......I know, dangerous huh? I had a few people ask me what kind to get, etc, and to be honest I really don't have an answer...he does have a phone card that we add minutes to, so I assume you could also send a prepaid card of any kind and he could add the minutes himself. Does this make sense?

Alright, I am getting loopy tired, so goodnight!!!

No comments:

Print Smartsource coupons

In attempt to cut our spending, we have switched to generics on some common household purchases. Which of the following, if any, have you switched from name brand to generic?